So what’s with Luffy and his calculation of Nakama?
From Mangareader, Mangafox, Mangahere, Homeunix.com, Mangarun.com
By 1st version of Scanlator Group – Mangareader, Mangafox, Mangahere, Homeunix.com, Mangarun.com
Luffy said “I hope I can find at least 10 people“
By 2nd version of Scanlator Group – Animea.net
Luffy said “I hope I can find at least 10”
From Mangable, Mangashare, Tenmanga, 7manga
By 3rd version of Scanlator Group – Mangable, Mangashare, Tenmanga, 7manga
Luffy said “I think about 10 men should do”
So all of the scanlators conclude that at least 10 Nakama would do.
Nakama” (仲間) is a Japanese word that directly translates to friend, comrades, and under some context such as One Piece, crewmates .
It means 2 definition, because of Luffy’s idiotic brain.
Nakama for Friendship, and Crewmate.
Friendship means Luffy think about Nakama as the whole group aka The Straw Hat Pirates.
Crewmate means Luffy think about Nakama as a crewmate aka The Straw Hat Crew
The calculation is simple.
Luffy think Nakama as Friendship like this
- Monkey D. Luffy – 1st
- Roronoa Zoro – 2nd
- Nami – 3rd
- Usopp – 4th
- Sanji – 5th
- Tony Tony Chopper – 6th
- Nico Robin – 7th
- Franky – 8th
- Brook – 9th
- Jinbe – 10th (According to the historical conversation chapter of this post released, Chapter 656)
Luffy think Nakama as Crewmate like this
- Monkey D. Luffy – 0 – Captain
- Roronoa Zoro – 1st Crew – Swordsman (considered as First Mate so far)
- Nami – 2nd Crew – Navigator
- Usopp – 3rd Crew – Sharpshooter
- Sanji – 4th – Chef
- Tony Tony Chopper – 5th Crew – Doctor
- Nico Robin – 6th Crew – Archaeologist
- Franky – 7th Crew – Shipwright
- Brook – 8th Crew – Musician
- Jinbe – 9th Crew – ?? (Probably Advisor or First Mate)
So I hope this end the confusion about calculating who’s the 9th Crew and who’ll be the next nakama, and so on.